Thursday, October 16, 2008

Topic Selection

It's about that time again everybody. NHD is here and in this paragraph I will tell you the person I am doing research on and what she is most famous for and how I am going to present my project to the judges. This year I am doing a exhibit board about Ethel Hedgeman Lyle. She is the female that came up with the idea to have a Sorority for African American females. She started a sorority named Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. She says her husband had nothing to do with this idea but people believe he did. She started this with The divine nine that is what they were called till they wanted the sorority to last forever so they inducted sophmores so the legacy of the sorority would be saved. This was the first sorority to be Incoporated.

No comments: